Veneers vs. Implants: What's the Best Option?
Everyone craves a beautiful and radiant smile that displays self-confidence and a cheerful personality. Dental implants and veneers are becoming extremely popular among individuals who want to opt for restorative treatments to enhance their smiles. Before stepping into these cosmetic dentistry procedures, you must become well aware of the treatments. In our previous blog, we have explained the possibilities of Invisalign with dental implants in Rosenberg. Keep reading the article to learn about the difference between these two treatments.
What Are Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers are customized shell-like structures made of porcelain. Veneers in Richmond correct dental conditions such as misaligned, stained, or chipped teeth.
Treatment Process of Dental Veneers in Richmond:
- At first, the dentist will check the mouth in its entirety. Then the specialist takes x-rays to understand the condition.
- The second step includes removing small dental enamel layers to create space for the veneers, followed by tracing the impression of the teeth.
- The dentist will effectively bond the veneers to the teeth. This is to ensure that they match the actual teeth's natural color, shape and size.
What Are Dental Implants?
Cosmetic dental implants are customized titanium-infused metal tooth roots. Dental implants in Rosenberg effectively replace missing teeth. The dentist attaches the implant to the jawbone to support dentures or crowns.
Treatment Process of Dental Implants:
- During the first step of an implant consultation, the dentist will conduct a thorough examination of the mouth. This is to understand the condition of the teeth and jawbone. If there is a lack of space in the jawbone to place an implant, there might arise a need to do bone grafting. Usually, the whole procedure takes between four to one year to finish.
- The second step demands surgery which culminates when affixing titanium-infused metal implants happens. Depending on the condition of the patient's healing, it usually takes four to seven months to be completely alright.
- The third step includes another minor surgery. The dentist will do a small cut to expose the top of the implant. It usually takes ten to fourteen days to heal.
- Once the gum heals, the dentist will remove the cap, replace it with an abutment, and attach a temporary crown. To heal properly, it needs four to six weeks.
Veneers or Implants: Which Is Ideal for You?
The treatment solely depends on the need and conditions of the patient. Veneers can help to fix discoloration and chipped or cracked teeth. Dental implants in Richmond are a better option in case of a missing tooth.
If you are actively looking to find the finest cosmetic dentistry near you in Rosenberg, then approach Dr. Sally A. Abouassaf, DDS, and her team at Family Dental Corner. Dr. Sally A. Aboussaf has unmatched experience and great expertise in all aspects of general dentistry. Family Dental Corner serves communities located in Katy, Richmond, Greatwood, Rosenberg, and Pecan Grove. Dr. Sally A. Abouassaf DDS offers the finest cosmetic dentistry. Browse through our website of Family Dental Corner to gather more information regarding our services. Call us at 832-980-9111 to arrange for an appointment right away.